Part I Writing （25 minutes）
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a short easy on how to best
handle the relationship between doctors and patients. You should write at least
120 words but no more than 180 words.
Part II Listening Comprehension （25 minutes）
Directions: In this section, you will hear three news reports. At the end of each news report, you will hear two or three questions. Both the news report and the questions will be spoken only once. After you hear a question, you must choose the best answer from the four choices marked A), B), C) and D). Then mark the corresponding letter on Answer Sheet 1 with a single line through the centre.
Questions 1 and 2 are based on the news report you have just heard.
1. A) Her friend Erika. C) Her grandfather.
B) Her little brother. D) Her grandmother.
2. A) By taking pictures for passers-by. C) By selling lemonade and pictures.
B) By working part time at a hospital. D) By asking for help on social media.
Questions 3 and 4 are based on the news report you have just heard.
3. A) Finding cheaper ways of highway construction.
B) Generating electric power for passing vehicles.
C) Providing clean energy to five million people.
D) Testing the efficiency of the new solar panel.
4. A) They can stand the wear and tear of natural elements.
B) They can be laid right on top of existing highways.
C) They are only about half an inch thick.
D) They are made from cheap materials.
Questions 5 to 7 are based on the news report you have just heard.
5. A) Endless fighting in the region. C) Inadequate funding for research.
B) The hazards from the desert. D) The lack of clues about the species.
6. A) To observe the wildlife in the two national parks.
B) To identify the reasons for the lions’ disappearance.
C) To study the habitat of lions in Sudan and Ethiopia.
D) To find evidence of the existence of the “lost lions”.
7. A) Lions walking. C) Some camping facilities.
B) Lions’ tracks. D) Traps set by local hunters.
Directions：In this section, you will hear two long conversations. At the end of each conversation, you will hear four questions. Both the conversation and the questions will be spoken only once. After you hear a question, you must choose the best answer from the four choices marked A), B), C), and D). Then mark the corresponding letter on Answer Sheet 1 with a single line through the centre.
Questions 8 to 11 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
8. A) Her ‘lucky birthday’. C) Her wedding anniversary.
B) A call from her dad. D) A special gift from the man.
9. A) Gave her a big model plane. C) Took her on a trip overseas.
B) Bought her a good necklace. D) Threw her a surprise party.
10. A) The gift her husband has bought.
B) The trip her husband has planned.
C) What has been troubling her husband.
D) What her husband and the man are up to.
11. A) He will be glad to be a guide for the couple’s holiday trip.
B) He will tell the women the secret if her husband agrees.
C) He is eager to learn how the couple’s holiday turns out.
D) He wants to find out about the couple’s holiday plan.
Questions 12 to 15 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
12. A) They are sensitive to the dynamics of a negotiation.
B) They see the importance of making compromises.
C) They know when to adopt a tough attitude.
D) They take the rival’s attitude into account.
13. A) They know how to adapt. C) They know when to make compromises.
B) They know when to stop. D) They know how to control their emotion.
14. A) They are patient. C) They learn quickly.
B) They are good at expression. D) They uphold their principles.
15. A) Make clear one's intentions. C) Formulate one's strategy.
B) Clarify items of negotiation. D) Get to know the other side.